World February 11, 2026

U.S. Security Contractor in Gaza Aid Controversy Says It Is in Discussions Over Future Role

UG Solutions signals possible return to Gaza operations amid planning by Trump-era Board of Peace and continued criticism over deadly aid distributions

By Marcus Reed
U.S. Security Contractor in Gaza Aid Controversy Says It Is in Discussions Over Future Role

UG Solutions, a North Carolina-based security firm that deployed armed veterans to protect Gaza aid sites last year, said it has submitted proposals and is in talks with the U.S.-led Board of Peace about potential work in the enclave. The company, which provided guarded sites for the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF) and faced United Nations censure after crowd-control incidents that left Palestinians dead, said it is holding internal planning while awaiting clarification of the Board's security priorities. Talks have not been finalised, and the firm's potential return to Gaza is being viewed with alarm by Palestinian aid coordinators.

Key Points

  • UG Solutions, which provided armed security at Gaza Humanitarian Foundation sites, says it has submitted proposals and is in talks with the U.S.-led Board of Peace about potential future roles in Gaza; talks are ongoing and not finalised.
  • The firm faced United Nations criticism after deadly incidents at GHF distribution sites where Palestinians were shot while trying to reach aid locations; the Israeli military said soldiers fired to address threats and to quell crowds and changed procedures afterward.
  • UG Solutions is advertising security and cultural support positions and says humanitarian organisations and commercial entities are seeking its services as shipments face the risk of being looted or diverted; the firm also plans potential expansion into Syria's oil and gas sector.

UG Solutions, the American security contractor that previously positioned armed former service members at aid distribution points in Gaza, disclosed on Wednesday that it has provided proposals and is in discussions with the U.S.-led Board of Peace about possible future work in the territory. The company made the statement after reports emerged that it had been recruiting Arabic-speaking contractors with combat experience for assignments in unspecified locations.

A source with direct knowledge of planning by the Board of Peace confirmed that talks have been under way with UG Solutions. Company representatives said they had presented information and proposals to the Board, a body established by President Donald Trump to advance his approach to ending the Gaza conflict. While the company reported its proposal was received positively, it said the Board has yet to clarify its security priorities and UG Solutions is therefore preparing internally for a range of possible ways to support efforts in Gaza.


Background and previous operations

UG Solutions provided security last year for the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), an operation backed by both the United States and Israel that erected guarded aid sites in areas under Israeli military deployment. The firm was effectively shut down following a ceasefire in October.

The U.N. criticised operations at those distribution points after scenes in which Palestinians trying to reach the sites were shot and killed. The Israeli military said its soldiers fired to address threats and to quell crowds; it acknowledged that some Palestinians were hurt but did not provide a total. The U.N. described the GHF operations as inherently dangerous and a violation of humanitarian principles that call for distributions to be conducted safely.


Company response and stated scope of work

A UG Solutions spokesperson said the firm had only deployed armed contractors to secure the aid sites and their immediate perimeters and that it had no control over actions taken by the Israeli military or by Palestinian militant groups. The spokesperson said humanitarian organisations and commercial entities have approached UG Solutions seeking help as they face the risk of shipments being looted or diverted, indicating potential demand for private security services beyond any direct involvement with the Board of Peace.

In response to public interest in its hiring activity, the firm disclosed the talks with the Board and described open positions it has posted as preparations for potential contracts. One advertised role, for an International Humanitarian Security Officer, lists duties including securing key infrastructure, facilitating humanitarian efforts, and ensuring stability in a dynamic environment. The posting identifies preferred credentials such as proficiency with small arms weapons. Another listing, aimed only at female candidates, seeks a Cultural Support Officer to help ensure "safe, effective, and culturally appropriate aid distribution."

The spokesperson said these job postings are intended to ready a team for possible contracts in Gaza and to underpin an expansion into Syria, where the firm is exploring work in the oil and gas sector.


Political plan and upcoming Board meeting

The Board of Peace is central to a plan that envisions a surge in humanitarian assistance to Gaza, an Israeli withdrawal following a lay-down of arms by Hamas, and staged reconstruction overseen by a Board led by the U.S. president. A meeting of the Board is scheduled in Washington next week and is expected in part to function as a fundraiser for the proposed effort. Funds raised would be used to finance a staged rebuilding program that begins in Rafah, a southern area under Israeli military control where the GHF had sited three of its four aid locations.

Those Rafah distribution routes drew Palestinians desperate for food and were the focus of the security incidents that provoked international concern. Critics, including Palestinian aid coordinators, said the GHF operations were perilous and unacceptable. Amjad al-Shawa, head of the Palestinian NGOs Network, which liaises with U.N. and international humanitarian agencies, said: "The GHF and those who stand behind it have Palestinian blood on their hands; they are not welcome to return to Gaza." The GHF did not respond to a request sent to its press email. The Israeli military said its forces altered procedures after the incidents.


Current status of talks and responses

A source involved in Board planning said discussions with UG Solutions and several other organisations have been underway for weeks but that no decisions have been finalised. Representatives for the Board of Peace did not immediately respond to requests for comment, and the State Department also did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

When the GHF operation ended, UG Solutions described itself as remaining "the go-to security firm to help those focused on rebuilding and delivering aid" in line with the plan outlined by the Board. The firm said it continues to field interest from humanitarian actors and commercial organisations seeking security support for shipments and distributions.


Implications for operations

UG Solutions indicated it is positioning internal resources and personnel to meet potential contracts tied to the Board's agenda and to private-sector needs in the region. The company framed its hiring and preparatory measures as pragmatic steps to ensure it can respond if and when contracts are awarded and the Board clarifies its security requirements. For now, the talks remain at an exploratory stage and no formal role has been finalised.

Risks

  • Community and NGO opposition - Palestinian aid coordinators have publicly rejected a return of the firm to Gaza, which could hamper operations or contracting for humanitarian activities; this impacts humanitarian organisations and private security providers.
  • Operational uncertainty - The Board of Peace has not clarified security priorities and talks with UG Solutions are not finalised, creating uncertainty for firms preparing to provide services; this affects contractors and organisations planning logistics and security for aid flows.
  • Safety and reputational risk - Previous deadly crowd-control incidents at guarded distribution points prompted U.N. criticism and public backlash, posing reputational and operational risks for security firms and organisations tied to aid delivery and reconstruction efforts.

More from World

Appeals Court Clears Way for Louisiana Ten Commandments Classroom Requirement Feb 20, 2026 Fitch Keeps UK at AA- Citing Flexible Economy but Flags High Debt and Policy Uncertainty Feb 20, 2026 Fitch Maintains Congo's CCC+ Rating, Flags Persistent Debt and Governance Weaknesses Feb 20, 2026 Moody's Upholds Sweden's Aaa Rating, Cites Strong Fiscal Fundamentals Feb 20, 2026 Moody’s Keeps Tanzania at B1 as Growth Strengths Counterbalance Institutional and Political Risks Feb 20, 2026